Buy Penny Star Puzzle Keepsake Box here
Designed by: Grey Matters
Price: $22.99 (CafePress.com)
Product type: Keepsake Box
Preview: Try this puzzle online, Video with solution hint
Description: It seems simple enough: Put a penny on any empty circle, slide it to another empty circle, and do this 7 times.
Why is this so tough? Classic and challenging!
The design itself states the simple nature of the challenge:
- 1: Put a penny on any EMPTY circle.
- 2: Slide on linked line to another EMPTY circle.
- Goal: Place 7 pennies in the circles
Once you learn how to master it, this classic 7 coin puzzle takes on some added charm. Not only can you challenge your friends to do it, you can even show them the solution quickly and they still won't be able to solve it!
Both the keepsake box and the puzzle itself are meant to stand the test of time. The center is faux wood texture on ceramic tile. (Texture: Patrick Hoesly)
Perfect for stylishly storing jewelry and mementos, this hardwood box showcases a ceramic tile. Spring-loaded hinged lid stays open without tipping the box over and snaps closed securely.
- Made of solid hardwood with high-gloss lacquer finish
- Interior is fully lined in velvet; bottom is covered with felt
- Measures 5.5" x 5.5" x 2.25" with a 4.25" x 4.25" ceramic tile
This board can also be used to play the game Star Nim.
How do you actually solve it? The dollar bill puzzle in the following Scam School video works on the same basis as the Penny Star Puzzle, so perhaps it may provide a clue:
- Designed by: Grey Matters
- Price: $22.99 (CafePress.com)
- Product type: Keepsake Box
- Preview: Try this puzzle online, Video with solution hint
- Description: It seems simple enough: Put a penny on any empty circle, slide it to another empty circle, and do this 7 times.
Why is this so tough? Classic and challenging! (Learn more...)