Buy Penny Star Puzzle Tile Coaster here
Designed by: Grey Matters
Price: $6.99 (CafePress.com)
Product type: Tile Coaster
Preview: Try this puzzle online, Video with solution hint
Description: It seems simple enough: Put a penny on any empty circle, slide it to another empty circle, and do this 7 times.
Why is this so tough? Classic and challenging!
The design itself states the simple nature of the challenge:
- 1: Put a penny on any EMPTY circle.
- 2: Slide on linked line to another EMPTY circle.
- Goal: Place 7 pennies in the circles
Once you learn how to master it, this classic 7 coin puzzle takes on some added charm. Not only can you challenge your friends to do it, you can even show them the solution quickly and they still won't be able to solve it!
You could use this tile coaster during a party, and have everyone race to see who can do it first! This ceramic tile features a gorgeous faux wood texture. (Texture: Patrick Hoesly)
Liven up any room or party with our fun, hip tile coasters, measuring 4.25" x 4.25" and 1/6-inch thick. Images are applied with a polyester resin that accepts dye as part of the coating. Four felt pads protect your furniture from scratches. Dishwasher safe. Not for use with abrasive cups and mugs.
Try the puzzle for yourself right here! Start by clicking on any empty spot to place a penny there, and then clicking on a wooden target to slide the penny there.
This board can also be used to play the game Star Nim.
How do you actually solve it? The dollar bill puzzle in the following Scam School video works on the same basis as the Penny Star Puzzle, so perhaps it may provide a clue:
- Designed by: Grey Matters
- Price: $6.99 (CafePress.com)
- Product type: Tile Coaster
- Preview: Try this puzzle online, Video with solution hint
- Description: It seems simple enough: Put a penny on any empty circle, slide it to another empty circle, and do this 7 times.
Why is this so tough? Classic and challenging! (Learn more...)